Friday 1 December 2017

Holiday Hostess - Minerva Crafts Blog Post


Hi again, I'm back today to tell you that my 3rd project for the Minerva Craft blog just went live! Read it here!

This dress is the ultimate combination of my love of cute vintage dresses and my love of Christmas. I LOOOOVE Christmas and always have. I love the food, the treats, the music and of course spending time with friends and family. Christmas for me is the essence of what we in Denmark call "hygge".

For my fabric, I choose 3 meters of this fun and festive polycotton with red and silver baubles on a navy blue background to make a fun and festive holiday dress. I underlined the dress in brushed cotton and it feels very luxurious next to the skin. I have a mini tutorial for doing the underlining in the Minerva blog post, so head on over there for that or see my Giga Gingham dress - the technique is the same, it's just a bit more thoroughly explained in the Minerva post ;)

The pattern is the boatneck bodice from Gerties Ultimate Dress Book with a gathered dirndl and a hem ruffle (It is a current obsession - see my Halloween skirt). I also added some red piping to highlight the design lines.

A big thank you to Minerva Crafts for sponsoring the materials for this dress, I cannot wait to wear it for dancing around the Christmas Tree on the 24th!

/Angelica


No comments:

Post a Comment