Saturday 6 January 2018

2018 Re-Sew-Lutions

Happy New Year, Dear Reader!

New Year is a time to reflect on the passing year and looking a head to the new year, setting up goals and resolution. On wednesday, I showed you my Make Nine collages for 2017 and 2018. Today, I am back with my Re-Sew-Lutions for the new year.

I am not good at keeping up with challenges that require you to make something on a monthly basis to fit a particular prompt. Therefore, I will not try to participate in the Historical Sew Monthly or the Sew My Style challenges this year, but have set some more universal reSEWlutions.

So, without further ado, I'd like to present my reSEWlutions for the coming year:



1) No Buying RTW Clothing! Sew All The Things!

I have joined Sarah Gunn of Goodbye Valentino and about 1000 other sewists for the 2018 RTW fast and mean to keep to it. It is a sewing community set up to support each other in sewing your own clothes instead of buying RTW, pushing yourself to learn new techniques on the way and to save money.





2) Sew With What I Have!

The stash-downsizing is not going too well. Since September, I have added about 50 meters of fabric from various sources and have only sewn about 40. As a result, I now have more fabric than when I started, about 410 meters. 110 meters to go before September 1st!

I will not but a direct ban on myself, but I will be more conscious about what I add and perhaps spend my fabric-money on patterns, better notions and tools instead. Also, I will clean out my stash around Easter, when my sewing room gets a fresh paint-job.



3) Sew More For My Boyfriend!

Like so many other seamstresses, I am notoriously bad at sewing for my significant other. Inspired by the Love To Sew podcast episode where Caroline and Helen interviewed their husbands, I am in the process of sewing my boyfriend a pair of True Bias Men's Hudson Pants and hope to follow up with a few sweaters, hoodies, boxers, chinos and dress shirts.



And that's it for my resewlutions! I hope you have had a nice start to your 2018. I will be back shortly with another make. In closing, here is my #2017BestNine from Instagram:



No comments:

Post a Comment